Admission to the American Folk Festival is free-admission each day. Although we do invite festival-goers to make a $20 donation when they enter.
There is parking around the Festival site, including two parking garages and multiple flat lots. Prices for parking vary between $10 – $20 per day.
Friday, August 23: 6 PM to 10 PM
Saturday, August 24: 12 PM to 10 PM
Sunday, August 25: 12 PM to 6:30 PM
Winner of the:
- 2007 – Top 100 Events (American Bus Association)
- 2008 – Non-Profit of the Year (Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce)
- 2008 – Impact Award (Bangor Convention & Visitors Bureau)
- 2009 – Commitment to Community (Governors Conference on Tourism)
- 2015 – Champion of Regional Asset Development (Bangor Entertainment Cluster – Maine Development Foundation)
In 2005, the American Folk Festival was introduced as a continuation of the Festival tradition. The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront is a celebration of multi-cultural traditional arts – music, dance, crafts, food and storytelling.
The American Folk Festival:
- Presents music, dance and other performing arts representing cultural traditions from across America and the world.
- Showcases and markets the Bangor Waterfront and the greater Bangor area by attracting thousands of festival-goers each year.
- Strives to present the event free of charge to the largest possible audience.
- Offers festival-goers the opportunity to purchase authentic, hand-made crafts from regional artisans and made-in-Maine food products.
- Enhances the festival experience by offering a variety of regional, ethnic and fair food.
- Encourages community participation through volunteerism and attendance.